Menu

Henle book 2 answer key question

My dd is starting Henle book 2, and I am reluctantly teaching her. Technically she is taking an online Latin 2 class, but it is so lame that I am basically her Latin teacher. I am not a Latin scholar and I have no intention of becoming one, so this is not a good situation.

We are starting Henle book 2. Is there a COMPLETE answer key for Henle book 2? At this point I have the answer key that Father Henle himself did -- the once with the white cover. I also have both the MODG answer key and the Our Lady of Victory answer key, both of which are identical to Father Henle's.

The answer key that Henle himself did is wonderful for all of the translation exercises, but it does not have the answers to the the grammar exercises at the beginning of each section.

Is there a COMPLETE answer key for Henle book 2 available?

I ordered the Seton answer key last week. I have it on my lap right now, and it still says for the more grammar-intensive exercises, "See introduction....." and doesn't give any answers for them.

Anyone else have any idea of another source for a COMPLETE Henle book 2 answer key? :sad:

we are finishing the henle book 2 right now. Which MODG Latin key do you have? Between the original henle key and the MODG, we are fine. I have not run into any exercises without answers using both keys. I am no Latin scholar at all.

Or what lessons do you need answers too? Maybe I can help with those sections. :001_smile:

Lyn

Thank you -- I didn't realize that MODG sold a Supplemental Answer Key! I have ordered it.

Thanks again for your post. This has been quite frustrating. I am now the proud owner of THREE Henle answer keys, all by different publishers. Yikes!

But I think the supplemental answer key should solve all my problems. Well -- all the ones related to Latin at least!

Edited by Gwen in VA

Got it figured out. What you have from MODG is the daily breakdown of the Latin course. It is a great syllabus.

What you need is

MODG Latin I, II, and III answer key for selected exercises from the first and second year latin

This includes answer keys to all the exercises not in the original Loyola University Press Key.

here is a link to the key

http://www.adoremusbooks.com/motherofdivinegracehenlelatinseriessupplementalanswerkey.aspx

I use the MODG syllabus, white original answer key from Loyola, and the MODG answer key.

Lynda

Got it figured out. What you have from MODG is the daily breakdown of the Latin course. It is a great syllabus.

What you need is

MODG Latin I, II, and III answer key for selected exercises from the first and second year latin

This includes answer keys to all the exercises not in the original Loyola University Press Key.

here is a link to the key

http://www.adoremusbooks.com/motherofdivinegracehenlelatinseriessupplementalanswerkey.aspx

I use the MODG syllabus, white original answer key from Loyola, and the MODG answer key.

Lynda

Nice! I didn't know this existed! We are going through Henle 1, and I'm no Latin scholar, and I get frustrated when I see that "See introduction" in the LP answer book! It just slows me down, and then ds gets frustrated...

I'm going to try to find this in Canada.