Menu

What was your Prarie Primer experience?

LittleIzumi

We just started and it is great! The girls are having soooo much fun and learning a ton. Yes we split the days into two days and sometimes three depending on which activities we pick. Today we are going to pick up our hog bladder. So far the girls have learned about bears, meat preservation, density, light, metaphors, have made butter and crackling cornbread and much more. That is just the first week!!

We just started and it is great! The girls are having soooo much fun and learning a ton. Yes we split the days into two days and sometimes three depending on which activities we pick. Today we are going to pick up our hog bladder. So far the girls have learned about bears, meat preservation, density, light, metaphors, have made butter and crackling cornbread and much more. That is just the first week!!

Just curious if your 6 yo is going along on the PP too? If so how is she handling it?

Op, when I was researching this a while back I remember that most people take 2 years to go through it.

I have the first ed (spiral bound) PP, and I really love the looks of it. I have not used it cuz my dd is so young, but when I saw it for sale in a re-sale shop for $8 I snatched it up like I had to fight for it! :lol:

Oh how I wish I could go back in time and live in that log cabin, milk the cow, cook over a fire, haul water, ride in a wagon, etc and live the *simple* life . (I need a big dreamy smilie right here, hehe)

Hi Susie, yes I just bookmarked that blog yesterday as she is only a few days ahead of us. Dd is actually 7 now I need to update siggy, but she is doing fine. I do expect alot more from my dd10. I have always taught them together on everything except math and grammar so she may be a little ahead but so far she has gone with the flow. I would say it is doable. You can determine how you present the info so just bring it down to her level. I get all the books from the library and I make sure and check a few out on each level so they will both have material to use. Yes, I can easily see it taking 2 years if you wanted. We are just going with the flow and will see how far it takes us.