Menu

OK When did concert tickets get so expensive

The last big concert I went to was George Micheal when I lived in Hawaii 20 years ago. OK you can all stop laughing. I don't remember what it cost, but I didn't have to save for a year to go. Authors note not that I would do that anyway. Fast forward 20 years and I actually like a performer enough to want to see his concert. Get those tomatoes ready because it is James Blunt. He will be touring the US with Sheryl Crow this summer. Odd pair don't you think. My birthday is in June so I thought maybe my dh and I could go see the concert when it is in Philly. NOT! The average ticket price is $250 OUCH! that is not even for a very good seat. If you want a good seat you will have to shell out 300-450 each. Who can afford this really Oh and the cheapest seats are over $100 I have to say I could make a list a page long of things I would rather spend that money on.

As a side note My dh, ds and I are going to see Beatlemania Again at Springfest this evening in Ocean City. We have seen them before and they are very entertaining. We will spend $1.00 each to take the shuttle into town, dh is free because he works for the town. We will spend $5.00 each for the tickets and have a lovely family evening. OK so I don't think James Blunt should be this cheap but really reasonable would be nice.

Who can afford this really Oh and the cheapest seats are over $100 I have to say I could make a list a page long of this I would rather spend that money on.

:iagree:

We pretty much just don't go, and here most tickets are much cheaper but still out of our range ($50-70 for whatever I looked at last).

I think the prices have gone up from the performers seeing the $60 tickets going for sale on eBay for hundreds....scalpers buy most tickets by hook or by crook anyhow, and jack up the price. So now the performers at least will get the $, not the scalpers so much.

Plus, of course, they have to by gas for the concert vans...;)

Okay, so the last concert tix I bought were the Doodlebops :glare: but WOW, that's expensive. Our season subscription to the Houston Grand Opera is only $100 a person (nosebleed, you don't have to dress in a tux seats). I'm very glad dh and I have nerdy tastes, it sure saves your pocketbook.:D