Menu

Advice on sibling role reversals?

lulubelle

So, when my ADHD older son is able to control himself better, which hardly ever happens, my younger son takes on his role!

When older ds is his usual self, younger ds is his dear usual self???

It has clearly happened several times.

How do I deal with this and why is it happening?

Sorry, I didn't describe it well. It is not as though my younger ds becomes ADHD. I think younger ds likes it when his older brother is "trying" to behave better, because it gives him an opportunity to be the "bad one". It just seems that without fail, when ds1 is trying his hardest to focus and be good to people, ds2 creeps in to fill it back in. Ds2 really plays off of Ds1. I was thinking it was typical of siblings? Especially 2 boys close in age.

Or maybe, when ds1 is able to "control" himself better, I just happen to notice ds2's bad behavior!

Sorry, I didn't describe it well. It is not as though my younger ds becomes ADHD. I think younger ds likes it when his older brother is "trying" to behave better, because it gives him an opportunity to be the "bad one". It just seems that without fail, when ds1 is trying his hardest to focus and be good to people, ds2 creeps in to fill it back in. Ds2 really plays off of Ds1. I was thinking it was typical of siblings? Especially 2 boys close in age.

Or maybe, when ds1 is able to "control" himself better, I just happen to notice ds2's bad behavior!

I think it's a common occurrence that siblings switch off being the "bad" one.