Menu

Veritas Press Bible Cards: Samples?

Sahamamama

I believe there are 5 sets of cards, one set can last an entire school year. You can get the TM and CD to go along with them if you want to use the entire program. The backs of the cards are formatted the same way. Each has a summary of the Bible passage/story that goes with the picture on front. There is also a list of resources for further info/study. These resources are their recommended resources to use for children. We have many of the resources and have especially enjoyed "Victor Journey through the Bible" and "Children's Story Bible". Here is a link that might be helpful: http://www.exodusbooks.com/category.aspx?id=5370

The cards are 5" x 8". I keep mine in a half-size binder in 5.5" x 8.5" sheet protectors.

Here is a link where you can listen to the song:

http://www.veritaspress.com/products.asp?dept=1018

We don't use the TM, so I can't say much about it but I think I heard that it included projects you could use and that sort of thing. I didn't want to do it like that so we just use the cards (and the CD).

We do it 3x week. He reads the card the first day and usually the Bible story that goes with it. The next day he reads Victor Journey Through the Bible. Then the 3rd day ususally listen to the CD and/or lay out all the cards in order. About 10 minutes/day which is what I want, rather than projects, etc.

I got my cards laminated 2nd-hand. Even laminated I'd say they are a bit flimsy. I'm sure if you use heavier duty laminate it'd be better. So I'm guessing the cards on their own are not very sturdy.

Is the TM generally worth the investment? Or do most people prefer to just use the cards/songs as a memorizing tool without it?

I use the TM regularly (we're doing NT Greece & Rome). It's not that expensive from VP, but I was able to find one on Amazon for $10. Well worth it. It doesn't have a schedule, but has comprehension questions, tests, literature units and projects. I also bought the schedule from Easy Classical, which I absolutely love.

You could just use the cards, and use the backs of them for further reading, especially if your kids are younger and they're not doing much written work. I like all the extras in the TM - my student is in 3rd grade and she does do the tests and worksheets.

HTH!