Menu

Getting a netbook ready to sell?

I have a subnotebook/netbook (no clue what that means!) that I no longer need and am thinking about selling. It doesn't have a disc drive, but I found a way to supposedly restore it back to factory conditions. Do you think that is safe? I didn't do anything important on this netbook because it was just for school, but it does have my internet stuff on it. Will restoring it to factory conditions remove all the network information?

I have a subnotebook/netbook (no clue what that means!) that I no longer need and am thinking about selling. It doesn't have a disc drive, but I found a way to supposedly restore it back to factory conditions. Do you think that is safe? I didn't do anything important on this netbook because it was just for school, but it does have my internet stuff on it. Will restoring it to factory conditions remove all the network information?
I think I would boot up and go into the web browser and delete any cookies, cache, saved passwords, etc. before doing the restore to factory settings just in case that does not somehow overwrite the information. There is still a chance *some* of your data could be read, but it would take some effort and it doesn't sound like it would be too critical.