Menu

question about public transportation in Chicago

Thanks to a very nice tax refund, I booked a 2 night stay in Chicago for dd and I. We're staying at the Chicago South Loop Hotel. I'm wondering how close the bus or metro would take us to the Science and Industry museum, as well as the planetarium. It's going to be cold, so I don't want to walk far! The hotel offers free parking with the package deal I got, so I can drive to these museums and pay to park there, but if I can get away with a relatively warm bus or metro ride, I'd rather save the parking fees.

I've looked at both the bus and metro maps, but honestly, can't make head or tails of them. Anyone in the Chicago area know about this?

Thanks!

The bus would probably take you close, but the subway won't really. As close as you are, with just two of you it's probably easier to just take a cab. We stayed about a mile north of where you're staying and a cab to MSI was about $8 for the three of us- so I'd expect less for you. We are comfortable with using their subway but the bus system just never clicked with us.

Have fun!