Menu

Would ToG be too much with a 3 month old in the house?

mama2cntrykids

I've heard over and over how time consuming it is. I'm considering it for next school year. Then, I will have a 5th grader, 3rd grader, Kindergartener and 3 month old (approx...depends on when we start school).

Will I be overwhelmed using it with these ages of kids. My kindy age dd would be using something else, but the boys would be working together.

Thanks for any thoughts...At this point I'm just looking at my options.

Disclaimer: my kids are little so feel free to ignore.:)

I had my baby a month ago and have decided that anything beyond the basics is too much. So TOG is put aside until next semester. I don't feel at all overwhelmed by TOG so I may be strange but if I was up for doing any history I would go right to TOG. I feel like it makes my life easier, not harder. But I am clearly in the minority.:tongue_smilie:No matter what(baby or not), I think giving yourself 4-6 weeks to get used to, plan, etc. is a good idea.

Disclaimer: my kids are little so feel free to ignore.:)

I had my baby a month ago and have decided that anything beyond the basics is too much. So TOG is put aside until next semester. I don't feel at all overwhelmed by TOG so I may be strange but if I was up for doing any history I would go right to TOG. I feel like it makes my life easier, not harder. But I am clearly in the minority.:tongue_smilie:No matter what(baby or not), I think giving yourself 4-6 weeks to get used to, plan, etc. is a good idea.

I guess I'm in that minority with you! If you plan ahead and get all the student materials ready, then TOG is not too hard and doesn't take too much time. Count on a couple of hours of teacher study (I think you're in D for your highest level) and a nice 2 hour per week for discussion. Sounds like during nap time to me!

I guess I'm in that minority with you! If you plan ahead and get all the student materials ready, then TOG is not too hard and doesn't take too much time. Count on a couple of hours of teacher study (I think you're in D for your highest level) and a nice 2 hour per week for discussion. Sounds like during nap time to me!

I been figuring with the amount of time I will be breastfeeding, I should be able to get quite a bit of planning and reading done! ;) :lol:

Currently I have a 5th, 3rd, K5, and 8-month old.

I was SO gung-ho for TOG Ancients this year. I probably did half of it (everyone tells you that you can't do everything, so I didn't even try!), and it still was too much. The boys weren't loving history anymore and I was so dreading going back to school during the Christmas break. The weekend before we were supposed to start school again, I sat down with dh and he gave me the go-ahead to ditch it. It was A LOT of $$ and was not an easy decision to come to, but I can honestly say the minute we made it I was THRILLED!!! :lol:

We are doing history with SOTW Ancients + Activity book for my 3rd grader, and SOTW Ancients + Usborne and Kingfisher for my 5th. We are enjoying history again!