Menu

s/o pros/cons of lapbooking

GaHadley

on another thread there was mention of the limited bang for your buck educationally speaking.

I'm wondering what are some ways to use them effectively for those kids who would enjoy them?

We are going to start Galloping the Globe in a few weeks, and I intend to keep a notebook that will have lots of lapbooking type things in it. What I"m thinking is that since we do school 4 days a week, we can work on the elements during our school time, then perhaps on Friday (our off day), we can put the lapbooks together. I think the crafty part of it is the most time consuming (coloring, cutting, etc).

I think it's fun to have it to look back on what we have learned, and can serve a purpose in narrating, copywork, fine motor skills for my younger, etc.

thoughts?

on another thread there was mention of the limited bang for your buck educationally speaking.

I'm wondering what are some ways to use them effectively for those kids who would enjoy them?

We are going to start Galloping the Globe in a few weeks, and I intend to keep a notebook that will have lots of lapbooking type things in it. What I"m thinking is that since we do school 4 days a week, we can work on the elements during our school time, then perhaps on Friday (our off day), we can put the lapbooks together. I think the crafty part of it is the most time consuming (coloring, cutting, etc).

I think it's fun to have it to look back on what we have learned, and can serve a purpose in narrating, copywork, fine motor skills for my younger, etc.

thoughts?

I think you have a good idea here. When we have done lapbooks in the past, and actually getting the thing constructed would take precedence over gathering, learning and retelling what they were learning. It was always "hurry up and get that written so we can get it pasted on the page...we only have about 15 more minutes!" Yah, it defeated the whole purpose. I have been avoiding them lately because of this...I think putting off the construction part to be completed later will work much better. Thanks!:D