Menu

art/music appreciation

oceandaughter

With a move to another country coming up in November and a baby due in June, I'm looking to make the next school year as simple as possible. With that in mind, I'd like to know if anyone has tried any sort of curriculum or premade plan for art and/or music appreciation? Rainbow resources has a lot of different ones but I don't know which are worth the money and which are not.

I'm looking for separate curriculums. I'm thinking something along the lines of artist and composer studies focusing on one artist/composer at a time.

Thanks!

Jo

Harmony Fine Arts!!

I can't say enough good things about this program. Barb has created simple plans for art and music appreciation that actually get done! Each featured artist and composer are studied for four weeks at a time (each year roughly follows the four-year history cycle). There are several different options for art to choose from, which may depend on budget and time -- we do all three ;)

Do check this one out!

http://www.amblesideonline.org has composer and artist study by term. THe advisory picks a different artist and composer each term and selects 6 or so works that they feel are representative of their career. The art selections are then formatted to different sizes (postcard, 8.5x11, etc) and saved to various yahoo groups where you can print them if you have a color printer and photo paper. The musical selections can many times be found at eclassical.com and downloaded pretty reasonably. One term I downloaded every musical selection from eclassical and it cost around $12 total.

If you wanted to add more info into the study you might need to search online a bit for biographical info, etc. But I think sometimes AO even gives you links for this.

I guess it depends on how much you want to do with it, how much information you want at your fingertips, and how fast your internet connection is - it would be relatively inexpensive and easily portable though.