Menu

If you live in the Jacksonville,FL area...

are there any homeschool/play groups/co-ops for elementary school age that you know of?? I am actually in Clay county. I have a dd who will be a kindergartener next year. I am really looking just for a play group, but I am willing to put her in a good co-op if that will get her around others her age for at least one day a week. I prefer a Christian group. Thanks!:D I am aware of Clay Homeschoolers. I am curious if there are other groups around though.

I'm sorry, I only know about the Clay Homeschoolers. I'm presently not in any group or co-op (and haven't been for a while) so I'm sort of out of the loop. Have you tried the Heri website? They might have a list. Even Rock Solid might be able to point you in the right direction. Good luck on your search.

Thanks Stephanie! Yes, Heri only has Clay Homeschoolers listed. I know that there are alot of homeschoolers in this area, I am surprised there are not many options. Have a great day!:)

I'm in Clay too. There's a hearts at home kids group. I thought about trying to join about a year ago but I'm really shy and don't really do well with groups like that. It looks really neat though....but they do cap their membership so I'm not sure if they are full or still have room. Here's the website: http://heartsathomekids.com/about.html

I take my kids to O2B Kids. They have a homeschool group that meets every Wednesday. The kids are broken up by age group and attend classes for 4 hours. Its nice because you can drop them off and run errands or stay around. Plus since it is not a co-op then parents don't have to help teach classes or anything. It's a bit pricey though, but you are also a member of o2b kids, which has all sorts of classes and your child can take any of them for one set price. Its a neat place. We love the homeschool group. They do field trips, celebrate birthdays, and have special celebrations for major holidays too.

I'm in Clay too. There's a hearts at home kids group. I thought about trying to join about a year ago but I'm really shy and don't really do well with groups like that. It looks really neat though....but they do cap their membership so I'm not sure if they are full or still have room. Here's the website: http://heartsathomekids.com/about.html

I take my kids to O2B Kids. They have a homeschool group that meets every Wednesday. The kids are broken up by age group and attend classes for 4 hours. Its nice because you can drop them off and run errands or stay around. Plus since it is not a co-op then parents don't have to help teach classes or anything. It's a bit pricey though, but you are also a member of o2b kids, which has all sorts of classes and your child can take any of them for one set price. Its a neat place. We love the homeschool group. They do field trips, celebrate birthdays, and have special celebrations for major holidays too.

I recently looked into O2B kids, but I did not see anything on thier website for homeschoolers. I will have to go in and check out what they offer. Thanks for the info! I have read you blog numerous times and enjoy it! I knew that you were in FL, but I did not know that you were in Clay. Maybe, we will see you at O2B next year! =)

There's definitely a shortage of groups in Jax, or at least a shortage of active groups with available openings in Jax. There's a co-op in San Marco (http://www.homeschool-life.com/fl/rcha/) and a new one starting in the Julington Creek area (http://www.homeschool-life.com/fl/lightedpath/).

OP, have you considered starting your own homeschool playgroup? It's really easy to just do park days and the like, and then once you have a core group of people interested you can consider whether you want to take it to the next level by adding classes or something, or just keep it simple with playgroup-type stuff.

I started with just this type of group in 2002. For the most part we're all still together though we are now a large co-op. Starting a group doesn't have to be complicated and is a great way to make friends. There's definitely a need for it!