Menu

Planning ds graduation get together..what would you have?

Ds will be graduating next month. I had planned on just having a cake. Dh says since we put reception following the ceremony on the invitation, then we need to have food as well.

So here are some thoughts

I thought:

sliced ham

rolls

broccoli salad

potato salad

veggies

chips and dip

cake

Mom suggested:

meatballs with spaghetti sauce(we will have small children attending!!!!)

3 types of chicken wings

veggies

cake

Only problem with my mom's suggestion is that I would need to keep things warm and we will be gone for about 1 1/2 hours for the ceremony.

so much easier, less messy and what you typically find at receptions. Not that one needs to fit into the "norm", but spaghetti at a graduation reception is pretty unusual.

But there is hard and fast rule. If you are just having family over and want heartier food-then go with a meal, but if people are coming and going, make it simple.

your menu, hands down. Add in some plain brownies for small kids, maybe a plate of cookies. If your mom wants more hot food - she can fix it and warm it and serve it....

maybe add in a crockpot of baked beans or Italian beef - that can be set-up in the morning and ignored the rest of the day.