Menu

Funnix issues - is it worth downloading?

3MonkeysMama

After hearing a little about Funnix on some other threads I decided to check into it for dd (4.5). She wants to do school so badly, but her brother (2nd grad and a little behind) needs most of my attention right now. Funnix is not downloading for me though. It keeps saying there is something wrong and shuts down. Anyway...my question is this...is it even worth me tyring to download? Is it something she can do independently of me?

Great thank you! I don't think I will keep trying if it isn't something she can't do alone. I was hoping for something educational that would occupy her while I work with her brother during reading. He needs complete silence and she thinks she needs to "read" her stories right next to us LOUDLY :tongue_smilie:

we went through tons of trouble to download funnix and it isn't so fabulous. my son looooves reading eggs and starfall a hundred times more! But I agree that he originally learned all his letters watching, listening to Leap Frog's Letter Factory. He still hangs his tongue out when pronouncing his "h"!!

we went through tons of trouble to download funnix and it isn't so fabulous. my son looooves reading eggs and starfall a hundred times more! But I agree that he originally learned all his letters watching, listening to Leap Frog's Letter Factory. He still hangs his tongue out when pronouncing his "h"!!

That's cute!! :lol:

Agreeing with the Starfall and Leap Frog recommendations. As for Funnix I downloaded it to see if I could use it at some point with my son Malcolm and personally I was not that impressed. They have the child touch the computer screen for whatever reason, I have no idea what the purpose is and it is not really interactive as I thought that it would be (at least from the little time that I spent on it). Anyway, I will check it out one more time but will most likely delete it off of my computer. I have more than enough materials for teaching my son phonics already.

Edited by Guest

I have downloaded it. We are on lesson 6. So far, my dd 4 is enjoying it. It is all review for her right now. It is pretty repetitive, so I am not sure how long she will enjoy it. I will stick with it until she gets bored with it. I am not super excited about it, but my dd seems to like it for now.