Menu

Which John Piper book?

If you like John Piper, what one book would you recommend as my first reading by him? There are many choices & I just don't know which one to purchase. I'd prefer something that expresses his view on the five points of Calvinism, as that's what I'm trying to better understand. But I am open to all suggestions. I've really been enjoying his many sermons that are viewable at his website Desiring God.

Thanks for your input.

Susan

Don't Waste Your Life.

It changed my whole world. :D

I actually just borrowed this - literally! Judomom, I have read Desiring God. It was over 11 years ago, but I remember it was very thought provoking. I also heard John Piper speak at a Passion conference many years ago & his sermon was Desiring God....it was very good! I've never given much thought to calvinism (outside of enjoying John Piper as a speaker), but as of late, I really am wanting to delve into researching the 5 points of Calvinism. Some recent threads here got my brain juices flowing, so I've been watching John Piper's many sermons online, & now I'd like to get into some of his books.

Thanks for the great suggestions!

Susan