Menu

Why I can't be a blob.....exhibit A

So, this morning we are going to second service which doesn't start until 11. So far this morning, dh has made tortillas, cleaned the stove, and planned dinner. He is now outside washing the car. Can you see why I have a hard time just being a blob this morning? He hasn't said anything to me, but how can I just sit and read when he is working so hard?!?! :glare:

I love my hyper-un-blob-husband, but it really puts a crimp in my blobness!! So, now I have done laundry and cleaned the kitchen. Humph!!!

So, this morning we are going to second service which doesn't start until 11. So far this morning, dh has made tortillas, cleaned the stove, and planned dinner. He is now outside washing the car. Can you see why I have a hard time just being a blob this morning? He hasn't said anything to me, but how can I just sit and read when he is working so hard?!?! :glare:

I love my hyper-un-blob-husband, but it really puts a crimp in my blobness!! So, now I have done laundry and cleaned the kitchen. Humph!!!

Gee, I dunno Min'. I think with a different sort of wifey-poo, whose name shall go unmentioned, your dh's tactics might just backfire. I mean, honestly, if he's going to do all that, why shouldn't you just sit and read??? If you sit long enough, it sounds like he'll eventually get to everything. I think you're missing the opportu....er....the point. :confused: :D

I have such a helpful, industrious husband I would feel guilty doing nothing. Although my husband never, ever says or does anything to make me feel this guilt and in fact says to me that sometimes doing nothing (which usually means reading) is a necessary part of life.

BTW, I have a mother who never does nothing -- the only difference is she did make us feel guilty for doing nothing (and still does). I love my mom, though. Couldn't have had better parents.

He is always moving--not quickly, just steadily moving. He is always getting things done. I actually think he would make the better SAHM, although it's not an option we would ever consider. (He loves his work, and his earning potential is easily quadruple mine.)

My ds has inherited this trait. People are often amazed at what he is able to accomplish. He just turned 7yo, but I can trust him to mop my floor and do it well, or to weed the garden thoroughly, without my supervision. He's a hard worker, and he likes it that way.

Dd and I, on the other hand, would lay around reading 24/7 if given the option. We often wish we had some of that natural work ethic--it's much more of an effort for us than for the men of our family.

I hear ya sister!! That's my blob-lessness dh too.

Chilling out is NOT his thing. Even his rest and recreation is blob-less. Going to the beach with him, I must say is annoying. In my mind beaches are for laying peacefully on a towel, for him they are locations for frisbees or footballs. ;) And only my dh is willing to dig the massive holes and build the sand castles- he's the good "beach parent". Hee, hee.

Jo