Menu

something similar to Song School Latin?

atozmom

I am looking for Latin for ds next year, 2nd grade. I want it to be fun. I love the looks of Song School Latin and really love all of the extras. However, I had ds listen to the sample of the CD and he can't stand it!!! It looks like the songs are what makes the program. Is there some way I can make SSL work without the CD? Has anyone tried singing the songs themselves to a different tune? I would really like to make it work. I was even going to look for a stuffed monkey to pull out during our Latin time.

Or is there anything else like SSL that I should consider?

Is it the songs themselves or the performances? After all, most of the songs are typical children's folk songs with different words.

I don't know how musical you are, but could it work if you learned the songs yourself by listening to the CD and then taught them to your son? That's what I have done so that we can play with Latin without having to have a CD player close by.

Is it the songs themselves or the performances? After all, most of the songs are typical children's folk songs with different words. The words are fine, it is the performances. He has never liked children's folk songs.

I don't know how musical you are, but could it work if you learned the songs yourself by listening to the CD and then taught them to your son? That's what I have done so that we can play with Latin without having to have a CD player close by. Yes, this is something I was thinking about.

Thank you.