Menu

Speech therapy games

gevs4him

I don't know about games , but I do know that the best tool to improve speech is : speak . Read , talk about what you read , ask , read again and talk again .

:)

:iagree:

We are doing this, but it was pointed out to us by a member of our church that they felt our ds possibly has a problem with tongue placement when he speaks. So we feel we need to step things up a notch.

Thanks

Lisa

:iagree:

We are doing this, but it was pointed out to us by a member of our church that they felt our ds possibly has a problem with tongue placement when he speaks. So we feel we need to step things up a notch.

Thanks

Lisa

For this , I really like

http://www.amazon.com/Speechercise-CD-Twin-Sisters-Productions/dp/B00028PW3A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1293771646&sr=8-1

For what age dc? Early Intervention will cover him till basically 3, and the ps after that. My ds is doing speech therapy, so I guess I'm biased toward getting an evaluation. You can't know what you have till you get it evaluated. Could be a minor thing or the tip of a bigger ice berg. Kids can have oral tone issues and all sorts of things to work on.

For what age dc? Early Intervention will cover him till basically 3, and the ps after that. My ds is doing speech therapy, so I guess I'm biased toward getting an evaluation. You can't know what you have till you get it evaluated. Could be a minor thing or the tip of a bigger ice berg. Kids can have oral tone issues and all sorts of things to work on.

Ds turned 8 in Aug. And from what we have read he should be saying his F, and R's and some other combinations clearly by now. He has a hearing test apt. on Jan.7th. (he talks very loud - we thought it was due to alergies) And again ds's Dr. just acted like no big deal when we brought it up at his well apt. last month. Then we plan on having his speech evaluated. He did have 4 front teeth - his Permanent teeth came in behind his baby teeth - so we thought this was the problem. 6 months ago the dentist said this was all okay - hence we are planning to see a new dentist in Jan. So we finally were able to convince ds to let us pull them out. Now his permanent teeth are about 1/2 way in with one of them coming in pretty much sideways. We really don't know how much your teeth play a roll in these sounds.

Could you please tell me what oral tone issues are?

Thanks

Lisa

Tone as in muscle tone. You know maybe if you could connect with a speech therapist, they'd be able to connect you with a more speech friendly dentist. I know ours has a whole list of the practitioners she likes. Talking loudly can also be a sign of other things. Our speech therapist (actually an SLP, a speech pathologist, but who's splitting hairs?) did screening tests for spectrum issues, etc. as well. Seems like every practitioner we go to these days does. Not that we have that issue, but just that they can be helpful in connecting you with the next person you need.

I'm not even sure of all the causes of modulation problems. We discussed it about my ds, but once he could do it we were good to go. That will be interesting to see what the hearing test turns up.