Menu

Please Pray for the Maupin Family

I haven't heard a whole lot about this on the national news. It is all over our local news. But please keep the family of SSGT Matt Maupin in your prayers. I went to the visitation today. VERY Sobering. He was captured in April 2004 and Just returned home today. His parents have been sooo supportive of our troops. And they have been so supported by our community.

I felt so very small while I was there this morning, surrounded by so many Military Heroes. I got to speak to 2 Lifetime Members of the Purple Heart [society, club...some 'group' word]. One soldier was there in his fatigues leading his family in with his white cane with the red tip. And as I was leaving, I saw a relatively young vet climbing out of his pick-up truck....upon 2 protheses that started at mid-thigh. And there were the Biker Vets there, lining the path inside the building with American Flags. Standing at attention. (This would NOT be a good place to exercise your free speech by BURNING a flag...These guys were super careful to never let them touch the ground....)

For those of you who have family serving, stateside or across the pond, THANK YOU!

We were all heartbroken. I saw his dad this morning and he seemed to be doing ok. It has been so long though, to carry that burden, and be waiting and hoping. I just thing about what his mom said when they heard the news that they had found him. "They can't hurt him anymore.' I do think that they are happy he is home; would be happier if he were alive and home, but happy to not have that constant thought...what are they doing to my son right now?