Menu

So, what's your input

Bought a pair of diaper covers from a place (second order within a few days plus I even placed one more order since you got free shipping and a free pair of covers with every $50) and one of the snaps on the cover was missing. I contacted them and they told me to take this directly to the manufacturer. But I really feel that it should be their bad, not mine, and that they should send out a new pair right away. Buying online you have no clue what you receive, but are basically at their mercy. Am I right or am I right?? I did email them back with this sentiment.

I feel like they should fix it, because it's most convenient for you. However, we have made purchases (from brick and mortar stores, although I'm blanking on an example) that tell you to contact the manufacturer about product defects. I don't like that. I'd rather return it to the store and be done with it.

I agree that that is what many stores do, however, what is my guarantee that I didn't receive the flawed cover knowingly? Perhaps they did know about the defect and figured better my loss than theirs.... To me then it would be great service for them to offer to take it back and give me a refund or to mail out a new pair.