Menu

Spanish for K and under? Salsa videos?

leann_in_tx

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I still find the options confusing.

My kiddos are young, 3 and soon to be 5, but I would like to start teaching them spanish, even though I'm just starting to learn it myself!

Anyone have any favorite materials for teaching spanish to young children? If you know of any free online resources, that would be helpful too.

We watched a a free Salsa video online one time, but it just seemed like a fun cartoon. If you use the salsa videos, would you mind sharing how you make them meaningful to your kids?

We never did Salsa, but Whistlefritz has a few immersion videos geared for the younger set that are well done and enjoyable. We started La Clase Divertida when Ariel was 4. We skipped the workbook but did the project after watching the DVD lessons and she really enjoyed it. Now we read simple picture books in English and Spanish (like Green Eggs and Ham/Huevos Verdes con Jamon or Goodnight Moon/Buenas Noches Luna) and watch some of her favorite videos (like 101 Dalmations) in Spanish. I may also start getting some of the Plaza Sesamo videos, too.