Menu

Transcript question (for college applications)

distancia

Help, from those who have prepared transcripts for college applications.

I have already prepared transcripts for DD's college applications and they were mailed off awhile ago. Now, however, it is the end of the semester, and it is time for me to update the transcripts and send those updates off to the colleges. [i am sending these off only to the colleges that she has not yet heard from, the ones who do NOT have rolling admissions]

Questions:

1) Across the top of the transcript, do I type something like "Final First Semester 2010-11 " or something like that? Or do I just handwrite FINAL across the page. or what?

2) This time I am adding a second page with all DD's test scores, from 9th grade-11 grade in public school, and including the standardized tests she has taken along the way. I am also including PSAT from 10th, SAT from11th, and SAT from 12th. How should I label this page? Right now I have it as page 2, Academic Record, Testing and Evaluation.

Anything else I should include on this update? I have remembered to change the cumulative GPA with her new grades!

I think this sounds the same as the 'mid year reports' I keep hearing about. I don't understand why you aren't sending to to schools your student has already been admitted to, however. I thought they were supposed to go to everyone -- either to confirm admissions or at least be part of the merit aid info...

:bigear:

You're right, I also will be sending to those she was admitted.

Next question: are they called Mid-Year Reports or Final Transcript? DD has taken some college classes so those are, I believe, on a Final Transcript. But I am including regular homeschool courses on MY transcript (along with the college courses) so I don't know what to call the transcript.

I would not write anything on the transcript itself. The date on the transcript should tell them what it is.

Do your colleges have a mid-year report form that is supposed to be sent in with the transcript? If so, I'd just fill it out and include the transcript with it.

If the colleges don't have a mid-year report form, I'd enclose a very very short note explaining that this is the mid-year transcript for your daughter and it should be added to her application file.

So, am I supposed to call it Mid-Year? Revised? Updated? http://www.suite101.com/content/midyear-school-reports-a194761

Obviously it is something more than what I sent a month ago, which was an incomplete transcript, because we didn't have DD's grades for Fall 2010. And the colleges ALL say they want new transcripts anytime a course is completed, which would change GPAs, etc.

There has to be a common term for this. What would it be?

And most importantly, where do I find this so-called creature of the Common App? It was not included in the Common App which DD downloaded...

Edited by distancia

So, am I supposed to call it Mid-Year? Revised? Updated? http://www.suite101.com/content/midyear-school-reports-a194761

Obviously it is something more than what I sent a month ago, which was an incomplete transcript, because we didn't have DD's grades for Fall 2010. And the colleges ALL say they want new transcripts anytime a course is completed, which would change GPAs, etc.

There has to be a common term for this. What would it be?

Actually, you don't call the transcript anything special. In other words, you don't write anything on it like mid-year or revised, etc. It's just a current transcript--you update it with the current grades, gpa, credits, etc., and sign and date it, but keep your title the same ("Official High School Transcript" or whatever it is.) Then you just send it in to the colleges either with a Mid-Year Report form (for the colleges that ask for such a form) or with a short cover letter that states you are enclosing a current transcript that includes your dc's fall semester grades. HTH! We just went through this last year :001_smile: