Menu

Calling Dr. Hive! Calling Dr. Hive!

BMW

Okay... so 20yog, due date Jan. 27th... gestational diabetes is COMPLETELY in control with diet. So much so, that I really doubt that she even HAS it. She eats smaller amounts, tests regularly and is always under the normal range in her blood sugar.

Anyway, she developed pregnancy hives a week ago. They are HORRIBLE. Her stretch marks swelled up into large welts. If that would have been the worst of it, we'd be so glad. But, now she has hives all over, except her face. They are between her fingers and toes. She can hardly sleep. Some of them puss. They are on hips, legs, everywhere. She was told that she can take benadryl at bedtime.

So, she comes up to me and now some of the rash are now tiny purple dots... stretch marks look bruised... Good grief. We were told there is nothing to be done. Just wait. One article on line says they go away a FEW weeks AFTER delivery.

I took her in for a blood draw this morning and the Dr. is testing her liver function. She said that they might induce labor at 37 weeks, depending on what the test shows. That is just two weeks away. Dd plans on nursing, too, so it's not like as soon as she delivers she'll take a bunch of meds...

So, please pray for her. She is weary. I always picture these last few weeks differently... a bit uncomfortable, but joyous... waiting for the babe to arrive.

Thanks so much!