Menu

Book a Week Challenge...anyone have a list?

I know it is not required...

I know no one needs a list

BUT, I wondered if anyone made one.

I always swing from the hip (just like homeschooling ) but I can't think of what I WANT to read now, so I am playing on here instead.

So, does anyone have a plan??

Just curious!

Last year I got hung up on Dystopian Lit and about 1/2 my books were from that genre.

This year, I think I would like to add some good Non-fiction, a few classics and I think I may read through AO Year 11 since I bought all the books, but never set that year up for ds as he had other ideas :)

Anyone want to share?

Faithe

I've never participated in a challenge like this before, but I signed up for the one that starts in January. I don't have a list or very specific plan yet but I found myself looking a few minutes ago at the "1,001 books to read before you die" list; so maybe I'll just start picking and choosing from there in between reading ones I know I want to read.

I'm waiting to see if the list of mini-challenges gets posted.

I know from past years that I want to leave myself some wiggle room to just grab what looks good, or the new book everyone starts talking about, or the books I get for Christmas, but I'm feeling a desire for some structure.

Remember 2008, when people did 8 categories of 8 books each? That's what I'm looking for, I think.

But 11 books in 11 categories is just a tad too ambitious. (Unless I had a lot of overlap . . . )

Check out Novel Challenges which is the one stop place for all the challenges out there. You'll find all kinds of lists and ideas.

I have a list of books on my book shelf that I'll be reading this next year.

I made up several lists for Mind Voyages if you are into science fiction which will be a mini challenge for the 52 books challenges.

Then you have the Nobel Prize literature winners.