Menu

Amazon dumps Wiki Leaks...

Paypal has dumped them too.

Personally, I think it is outrageous that govts are bringing so much pressure against this company.

Either the govt should properly prosecute under the law or stay the heck out of it.

Really the biggest govt shame here is their own incompetence with security.

I don't agree with the wiki owner, his personal sex issues or politics.

But that our govts would bring so much pressure on huge international companies to get them to stop business with another company - that concerns me far more than anything wiki has ever leaked.

Stealing classified documents is a federal crime. Would you expect amazon or paypal to be prosecuted if they were supporting other illegal activities? Of course you would.

If Wiki Leaks were to post millions of medical records or bank records, would so many find the action as laudable as they do the current situation? What is the difference between the types of documents really?

I have heard historians say that this is a victory for them because they will get to peruse classified documents as the history is happening. This has never happened before. Then I watch interviews like this one on the WSJ and I wonder how much more difficult it will be to find competent ambassadors. Some times they do have to say unpleasant things to get the job done.

Is our anti-government sentiment so strong that even though our economy is fractured, we happily watch millions being spent to try and fix the diplomatic damage?

Sorry. Just pondering.