Menu

I waited a while before I sang it praises, but MM is a success here!

Irishmommy

So far with Math Mammoth, we've had little to no complaining about math, which is UNHEARD of at our house. We started with Horizons (which was okay until middle of 2nd grade), switched to Saxon which I was determined to stick with (ugh, so much complaining), so then I decided to just switch to MM just to see how it would go. BAM - complaining gone! I'm amazed. I don't know what it is, I'm afraid to ask him because I'm afraid that will give him the green light to start the complaining again. But, honestly, I don't care what it is as long as he tolerates it!:D

Also a success for us. My daughter came from Saxon in PS and was struggling to get her multiplication facts down. Now days she is completing 2 digit x 3 digit multiplication problems with little trouble at all and also I LOVE the mental multiplication and the multiplying in parts. I have even found myself using it for questions like 56 x 3 and being able to quickly think in my head... 'well, that's 50 x 3 (150) + 6 x 3 (18) ... so it's 168! I didn't learn multiplication that way, and I am excited to be teaching it to them this early in their lives.