Menu

Bible/devotions for learning disabled adults...

When my oldest son was a senior in high school, I left off with any organized Bible curriculum and used the time to help him establish his Bible reading/devotional habits for his adulthood. I like Spurgeon's Morning and Evening, and I think it's nice to establish that habit.

Ds #2 is different though. He's a great kid, very hard worker, sincere in his faith...but no way is he ready for Spurgeon (and he may never be). Is there a less rigorous version or something similar that I could use to get him started? He's working with a low IQ and processing difficulties, and likely will not get to the point where complex language and concepts are comfortably in reach.

Any ideas? Reading the Bible on his own is not quite enough--he needs some guidance & explanation while establishing his adult routine.

No suggestions really, since my kids are young , but I just wanted to say that you're a good mom. :) I wish my parents had done something like that for me.

That is so very, very nice of you to say. I need the encouragement because just at this moment I'm ready to put ds #3 on the bus (or *under* the bus, whichever he chooses! JK!). Standing nose-to-nose with a 6'4" teenager and trying to sound intimidating is just not fun. :001_huh: