Menu

(CC:) Teaching the "first part" of Children's Church

Hey Everyone :)

I offered a while back to teach the first part of Children's Church each Sunday. This will give the children a rhythm to their weeks, as the teachers are different each week. It will also give them continuity to their learning. I offered to teach a catechism question, and a couple of other things, including, if it's not too loud.... Tin Whistles.... Can you believe it? (I may have to rethink that one... it may have been a crazy thought ;) The catechism questions will be based on Dana Dirksen's songs, which are based on Stephen Hildebrandt's Catechism for Young People. I think I'll do one question every 2 weeks??

I may just teach a hymn or something, instead of the tin whistle. (Perhaps teach enough Music to explain how long to hold notes... and how to read them??)

Anyway, I was thinking of doing a "Children's Church appetizer" type thing for 15-20 minutes. Has anyone done this, or have any ideas?