Menu

NaNoWriMo

Arrrgghhhh! C is doing it, I've been trying to register him since the 31st, I had it done and the site crashed before I was able to alter his word count. Now it's not even saying he is registered and the YWP site seems to be down altogether, it's just a screen shot within the main site banner.

Can I register a Young Writer via the adult link? I'm thinking not.

I went to their twitter feed, apparantly they are having unprecedented traffic.

eta: ahhh, I think I was at the wrong place for the YWP. Fingers crossed everything works now!

eta, again, nope, can't even log him in :(

Edited by keptwoman

I've been having trouble with it also, but I just checked it and was able to log in (It's 5:30 p.m. here on the west coast of the U.S). If I remember right, it's usually like this for the first few days, and then it becomes easier to log in. I think maybe some people sign up and then end up not finishing their novels. :tongue_smilie:

yeah...it is a mess...it hasn't loaded for me at all!

I'm doing a word doc and will just input my word count and cut and copy when it slows down

my kidlets are handwriting theirs so not gonna worry about it now!

looks like it is bigger than they anticipated! which makes me smile...hey lets hear it for literacy!!~

I've been having trouble with the YWP site too - I think it's just that they're awfully busy right now. I was able to log in with no problem around 7:30am (Eastern) today, I think because no one else was up yet. DH says that should be around 8pm in Australia.

If you register him on the adult site, you can't change the word count goal - it will be 50K. Hopefully the YWP site usage slows down soon, so it's easier to get on. I think you can still register all month.

Edited by K&Rs Mom
noticed OP's location