Menu

Opinions on the books: Exploring the World of Chemistry, Exploring Planet Earth &

KIN

Exploring the History of Medicine. Have you used or read these books? They look like a really interesting way to supplement science. If you used them, what ages would be best? My 3rd grader will be doing chemistry next year. I went with a really light program, so that my 1st grader could join in. Can I add some of this reading for ds? He is really bright and reads everything. Thanks!

We have Planet earth and Medicine. We love them, BUT I read them aloud to ds11. We then discuss each chapter.

although your dc sound advanced and my ds certainly is not, I still think 3rd grade is a little young to read them alone. If you were to read to them and discuss the issues I think you would be fine. We do love them and the rest (math, Chemistry) are on my wish list.

How do you use them? As a supplement to your studies or as science? I'm thinking about reading it out loud to my 3rd grader. It is Christian correct? Why don't we hear about these books more? They look really great!

I think they would be a bit much for even a third grader, not to mention a first grader.

I am also using them for logic aged with a 7 and 9 year old if they are interested, not required.

There have been several threads about them in the last few weeks, search this board for Tiner and you should find them.

Agree, they are more logic stage. Dd read the History of Medicine when she was 11 or so, and it made her want to be a doctor. I think it might be the more accessible of them, although I haven't seen the

Planet Earth one. I have the Chemistry and Mathematics ones. They really are very good.