Menu

moosewood restaurant cookbooks anyone have any

Specifically more than one. Today Moosewood Restaurant Cooks at Home came in the mail. I immediately fell in love with this book and want to order another by the collective.

If you have more than one can you tell me if the books contain different recipes? I'd hate to buy a second (or even a third) to find out all the recipes are the same throughout the books.

Thanks

I have the low-fat one which I found while thrifting (I am SO not the low-fat type! :lol:). I have made a couple of things from it. It does emphasize choosing say, yogurt over sour cream, or similar, but doesn't use other lowfat items too much. Maybe margarine. I just use butter, or whole milk, or whatever. :D

They're all different. My favorites (right now) are Moosewood's New Classics and Moosewood's Simple Suppers (which I keep compulsively checking out of the library, b/c it's still in hc). But I own and like Mollie Katzen's The Moosewood Cookbook, Moosewood Restaurant Daily Special, and The Enchanted Broccoli Forest. A couple of theirs I've gotten rid of (the low-fat one, a sunday dinner one), but most I love.

They're all different. My favorites (right now) are Moosewood's New Classics and Moosewood's Simple Suppers (which I keep compulsively checking out of the library, b/c it's still in hc). But I own and like Mollie Katzen's The Moosewood Cookbook, Moosewood Restaurant Daily Special, and The Enchanted Broccoli Forest. A couple of theirs I've gotten rid of (the low-fat one, a sunday dinner one), but most I love.

Thanks! I'm after the entire collection at some point in my life. Well, maybe not the low fat.

My favorite is the Still Life with Menu Cookbooks. I love the menus. It also has my all time favorite bread recipe.

The Broccoli Forest Cookbook seems to be more of a how-to book. I think it would make a good gift for a new vegatarian or someone new to cooking. I don't find myself using it that much.

Enjoy your new cookbook!

This is the only one I have, but I love it sooooo much. My copy is falling apart.

Favorites: Sweet Potato Salad, Mexican Tomato Lime Soup, and Brownies!

I made the Sweet Potato Salad, the Wintertime Stew, the black bean and spinach recipe and the pasta w/sun dried tomatoes and capers this afternoon. Oh, and the eggplant mykonos (?) soup.

We will eat for a couple of days on that.

I've pretty much got them all. I think I have to, by law, because I live in Ithaca. People just give them away like peanuts around here.

I adore Sundays at Moosewood. It is my fave. OTOH, I haven't opened it much since I had kids so YMMV. I don't have much call for ethnic food these days.

I love the one that is all soups and bread.

I don't own it but New Recipies from Moosewood is a HUGE local favorite.

And I do really like the lowfat one. It is great if you have to cook often for vegans or people with food intolerances.

Now, are they all sort of the same? Not really. I use them all for different things.