Menu

AAS - ? about word review

jsleepymom

We are in Step 7 (maybe 8??) of Level one. We've been reviewing the phonogram cards, rule cards, and sound cards each lesson but today is the first day we are supposed to review the word cards as well.

This is probably a silly question and maybe one that I could answer myself if I read the guide more thoroughly...just hoping this will be quicker ;)!

What do you do to review the word cards? Do you have your child spell the words verbally, write them, letter tiles?? I think it would add up to be quite a bit of work if I'm having my son write or letter tile all the old words in addition to new :confused:!

Thanks!

We are in Step 7 (maybe 8??) of Level one. We've been reviewing the phonogram cards, rule cards, and sound cards each lesson but today is the first day we are supposed to review the word cards as well.

This is probably a silly question and maybe one that I could answer myself if I read the guide more thoroughly...just hoping this will be quicker ;)!

What do you do to review the word cards? Do you have your child spell the words verbally, write them, letter tiles?? I think it would add up to be quite a bit of work if I'm having my son write or letter tile all the old words in addition to new :confused:!

Thanks!

I let my kids choose for review. Usually my kids write them (my dd writes on a white board & my ds writes on paper). But they could also do tiles, and sometimes my oldest chooses to spell orally. If they choose oral and misspell it, I have them write it (tiles would be ok too--I just want to add in the visual). Also if they miss it, I show them the card so they can read it.

You don't have to do a whole step in one day, so you usually wouldn't have old and new words to do in one day. Just take it at his pace. You can do the steps over 2 or more days if needed--work about 15 minutes & then pick up there the next day. HTH! Merry :-)

Thanks for the helpful replies!

We are enjoying AAS so far and I didn't want to bog down my little guy with more writing. Today we did as suggested and just spent a the day on review, rather than continuing to the next step. I also let him choose which way to spell the words (he chose the marker board).