Menu

Breakfast/Lunch Menu

I am not going to be much help for you but I see no problem with cerel and sandwiches. Are you looking for stuff that you can make them or that the older ones can make for themselves? I do not have a set menu but I do always have hotdogs, raman, pb&j fixins on hand as well as instant oatmeal and cut fruit for breakfast. I do not really cook for breakfast or lunch it is more of a make-it-yourself and clean-it-yourself. I got tired of tryin to make all the kids happy so I just let them do it themselves. I am sure you will get some great ideas from others here. :001_smile:

My breakfast menu isn't set but here is what we have each week - one or two days of eggs and toast, oatmeal or cereal, pancakes or waffles, French toast, and finally bagels and cream cheese. I usually cook three breakfasts during a typical week and then yes, we cook again on the weekends, but then it is my husband usually at the stove.

For lunch I make pizza once a week, paninis or sandwiches with carrots and chips, stuff from Trader Joes, and spaghetti with frozen meatballs... We eat a lot of leftovers for lunches too.

Our breakfast rotation is cereal, oatmeal with berries, eggs and toast with some kind of fruit, blueberry pancakes, buttermilk waffles, smoothies and muffins or some kind of quick bread like banana bread or pumpkin bread, yogurt parfaits (fruit and granola), toad in the hole.

Our lunch standards include leftovers, quesadillas with salsa and guacamole, grilled cheese sandwiches, pizza, egg salad (either sandwiches or with crackers or pita chips), tuna sandwiches, tacos, salads. I have some sectioned plates I picked up at the dollar store. The kids like when I fill each part with finger foods. Today they had diced pineapple (with toothpick), boiled egg, wheat crackers and a granola bar.

Our breakfast rotation is cereal, oatmeal with berries, eggs and toast with some kind of fruit, blueberry pancakes, buttermilk waffles, smoothies and muffins or some kind of quick bread like banana bread or pumpkin bread, yogurt parfaits (fruit and granola), toad in the hole.

Our lunch standards include leftovers, quesadillas with salsa and guacamole, grilled cheese sandwiches, pizza, egg salad (either sandwiches or with crackers or pita chips), tuna sandwiches, tacos, salads. I have some sectioned plates I picked up at the dollar store. The kids like when I fill each part with finger foods. Today they had diced pineapple (with toothpick), boiled egg, wheat crackers and a granola bar.

Yum! I'm writing this down! What's toad in a hole?

We used to try and do the Waldorf thing, a grain a day. But in the morning, I'm so tired and unmotivated so they eat cereal while I drink coffee. Pathetic, really. But we do have 1st lunch (brunch) and 2nd lunch (meal-sized snack) :)

I loved having the meal set for the day without having to think about it. After years, the residual effect is that Friday is still always pizza day.

Bagel pizzas for AM and regular pizza for PM.