Menu

Looking for the best stuffed peppers recipes

I bought a package of stoplight peppers yesterday (red, yellow, green) and want to make stuffed peppers tonight.

I bought a package of grass-fed ground beef to use in them, and I have the following:

onion

garlic

brown rice

lentils

barley

carrots

spinach

diced tomatoes

Help! :D

This is my MIL recipe, it's one of the few things of hers like I like better than my own mom's.

I do use brown rice in this.

Brown 1 chopped onion in 2T oil. Add 3/4 lb hamburger. When brown, add 1tsp thyme, 1/2 tsp paprika, 1/2 tsp chili powder, salt, pepper and 1 c. beef stock (or use boullion and water). Simmer until stock is absorbed.

mix with 1 c. cooked rice.

Stuff pepper and bake at 350.

That is how she has it written. Use I usually make about 10 pounds of meat at a time (because I love having pans of stuffed peppers int eh freezer ready to go in the oven) so I adjust the spices. I do use more rice because I like a heavier rice to meat ratio, I also use extra thyme because I have learned I really like that flavor. BUt the great part about making the filling is that you can taste it before stuffing the peppers and adjust to your likeness.

Thank you so much!

This is my MIL recipe, it's one of the few things of hers like I like better than my own mom's.

I do use brown rice in this.

Brown 1 chopped onion in 2T oil. Add 3/4 lb hamburger. When brown, add 1tsp thyme, 1/2 tsp paprika, 1/2 tsp chili powder, salt, pepper and 1 c. beef stock (or use boullion and water). Simmer until stock is absorbed.

mix with 1 c. cooked rice.

Stuff pepper and bake at 350.

That is how she has it written. Use I usually make about 10 pounds of meat at a time (because I love having pans of stuffed peppers int eh freezer ready to go in the oven) so I adjust the spices. I do use more rice because I like a heavier rice to meat ratio, I also use extra thyme because I have learned I really like that flavor. BUt the great part about making the filling is that you can taste it before stuffing the peppers and adjust to your likeness.

I like onion, garlic, kernels of frozen corn, diced tomatos, a bit of the "tops" of the peppers chopped up, rice, cheese, and ground beef in mine :D (either American cheese torn into shredded pieces or a bag of shredded cheese of whatever kind you like, or whatever). A little salt and pepper. And I also top it with a bit of tomato paste or sauce before baking.

Also I boil my peppers for a few minutes and then leave them turned upside down draining while I get the other stuff together. Then I stuff and bake them. I don't know why, I guess because it's in a recipe I found and used years back, and I thought they came out really good.

Also I boil my peppers for a few minutes and then leave them turned upside down draining while I get the other stuff together. Then I stuff and bake them. I don't know why, I guess because it's in a recipe I found and used years back, and I thought they came out really good.

:) I do this too. I skipped this step last time I made them and they were way too crunchy.