Menu

Incense Advice...

I've smelled incense before that has a really sweet, flowery and sometimes spicy smell to it. I really like that smell. All the stick incense I find just doesn't have the right smell :confused:.

Stick incense seems to have this "hippie" smell that I just don't reallt care for. Any ideas? I don't know how to do the cones or charchol tablet...but if those smell different I would love a tutorial :D.

Thanks!

I've smelled incense before that has a really sweet, flowery and sometimes spicy smell to it. I really like that smell. All the stick incense I find just doesn't have the right smell :confused:.

Stick incense seems to have this "hippie" smell that I just don't reallt care for. Any ideas? I don't know how to do the cones or charchol tablet...but if those smell different I would love a tutorial :D.

Thanks!

I think you mentioned once that you have an Orthodox church near you (am I right?). If so, and if they have a bookstore, you should be able to get church incense there. There are also online Orthodox retailers from which you could purchase some. It smells so good; we love the Cypruss, Myrrh and Desert Blossom smells.

For the charcoal kind (which is what we use in our prayer corner), here are instructions from my daughters who are sort of in charge of getting it going in the evening:

The charcoal "log" typically come pre-cut into slices. Break one of the slices into quarters. Hold one quarter over a flame with tweezers (use a candle, not a match -- a match will burn out too fast) until it glows red a little and sparks a bit. Set it in a dish and put one or two (or three) pieces of incense on the glowing area(s). Sometime you have to blow on the charcoal to make the red glowing area hotter.

That's it!