Menu

Occasional Breakouts on Chin

Dd (age 12) has, for the past few years, occasionally broken out on her chin. It's mostly due to sugar, I know. But it's hard to get children to eat as healthy as they should (never mind ourselves ;)).

Nature's Cure helps somewhat.

What else can anyone recommend?

I love Paula's Choice skin care products, but I don't think that she necessarily needs to go all-out and start a whole regimen, if you KWIM. I'd rather just get something to zap the occasional "cluster" zits, which really is the best description.

Thanks.

Actually break-outs on the chin area are indicative of kidney issues. So drinking lots of water, trying to reduce salt or anything taxing on the kidneys, would reduce the amount of pimples in that area. Breakouts on the nose are due to sugar issues and breakouts around the mouth are reproductive organ related.

To just get rid of the symptoms Derma e: Tea Tree & Vitamin E Antiseptic Cream works wonders very quickly. You could probably just try tea tree oil too.

Edited by jadedone80

Have you tried disinfecting her phone or anything else that comes into constant contact with her chin. I used to get chin breakouts that, I eventually figured out, were infections. I treated them with an OTC antibiotic cream, disinfected my phone, kept my chin out of my hands, and haven't had a breakout since.

Of course I was 40 and not 12; at 12, I would just think acne and treat accordingly, but just thought I would throw this out just in case.

Terri

Actually break-outs on the chin area are indicative of kidney issues. So drinking lots of water, trying to reduce salt or anything taxing on the kidneys, would reduce the amount of pimples in that area.

I agree about staying properly hydrated. Also, increasing fiber in her diet should help with clearing up her skin in general.

Thank you, all. :grouphug:

Actually break-outs on the chin area are indicative of kidney issues. So drinking lots of water, trying to reduce salt or anything taxing on the kidneys, would reduce the amount of pimples in that area. Breakouts on the nose are due to sugar issues and breakouts around the mouth are reproductive organ related.

This is so incredibly helpful. I love learning new things every day. Do you mind if I ask where you got or get your info? I love reading up on health-related stuff and am always looking out for good resources.

I will look into the Tea Tree product you recommended.

Very interesting about the kidneys. She doesn't drink enough water and she loves salt. :glare:

Ds, loves sugar, and he tends to break out on his nose.

This is incredibly accurate. :)

Have you tried disinfecting her phone or anything else that comes into constant contact with her chin. I used to get chin breakouts that, I eventually figured out, were infections. I treated them with an OTC antibiotic cream, disinfected my phone, kept my chin out of my hands, and haven't had a breakout since.

Terri

Terri, I had thought of that, but she barely speaks on the phone. What you say has worked for me in the past. At one point, I had to change my pillowcase daily, since I'm a side sleeper and kept breaking out on that side of my face.

I agree about staying properly hydrated. Also, increasing fiber in her diet should help with clearing up her skin in general.

The hydration part is much easier to do.

The fiber part - although I do it for myself - is really hard to get dd to eat as much fiber as she should. She eats whole wheat bread, quite a bit of fruit, some veggies - but not nearly enough. I need to work on this with her.

Sometimes I break out a little on one side of my face. It's because I will lean my head on my hand while reading. Could it be something that simple?

She doesn't do this. I never see her hold her chin or anything.

Thank you, all. :grouphug:

This is so incredibly helpful. I love learning new things every day. Do you mind if I ask where you got or get your info? I love reading up on health-related stuff and am always looking out for good resources.

I will look into the Tea Tree product you recommended.

Very interesting about the kidneys. She doesn't drink enough water and she loves salt. :glare:

Ds, loves sugar, and he tends to break out on his nose.

This is incredibly accurate. :)

It's mostly just TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine)

The book You Are What You Eat is a simplification of the health ideals in TCM and has ways to heal your body, what certain parts of the body is saying, what your stool (poop) is telling you, etc.

It's mostly just TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine)

The book You Are What You Eat is a simplification of the health ideals in TCM and has ways to heal your body, what certain parts of the body is saying, what your stool (poop) is telling you, etc.

Thanks so much for getting back to me on this. TCM interests me so much, yet I know so little about it. This book looks very interesting. Her other books look good also. :)