Menu

Futher Up and Further In (Narnia Unit Study)

kalphs

Guest mrsjamiesouth

:bigear: I want to hear more about this too! My ds is reading through Narnia and loves it, I wondered if I could add this to our curriculum. Or is it a really full program?

I used it a long time ago - maybe 6 years? - in a co-op setting.

What can I help you with? (If I remember ;))

What ages were your children and what grade were they in when you used FUFI?

What did you like/dislike about the curriculum?

Thank you!

I am using FUFI this yr with my 3rd and 6th graders. We have finished Magician's Nephew and The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe.

It is designed as a unit study. I gave up on that after the couple of weeks. I can't stand jumping around superficially and never digging deep. It has tons of bible study. We don't do all the bible verse memorization. We do complete the vocabulary, discussion questions, discuss the biblical allegories, some of the art projects, some of the food ideas (like having tea).

Is it worth the price? Probably not the way I am using it. However, it is keeping me on track of a chapter/day and some of the discussion questions are decent.

In hindsight, a unit study on plants would have been good but just not the way it is developed in FUFI.

HTH