Menu

Thoughts on John Hanson: 1st US Pres.?

I've been reading a bit about this on the web & would love to hear from you all on the topic. Do you think there is any validity to the claim that John Hanson could be the "real" first president of the United States? I understand an email addressing this subject was circulating some time ago; however, the topic resurfaced for me today when a friend told me her public school children were being taught that George Washington was not actually the first US president. What do y'all think?

Thanks for sharing your knowledge & insight,

~Karen

I've been reading a bit about this on the web & would love to hear from you all on the topic. Do you think there is any validity to the claim that John Hanson could be the "real" first president of the United States? I understand an email addressing this subject was circulating some time ago; however, the topic resurfaced for me today when a friend told me her public school children were being taught that George Washington was not actually the first US president. What do y'all think?

Thanks for sharing your knowledge & insight,

~Karen

George Washington is the first President of the United States.

John Hanson was ONE of the MANY presidents of congress under the Articles of Confederation, which are not the Constitution of the United States of America.

Hanson was the first person to be elected under the Articles of Confederation, but there was NO EXECUTIVE BRANCH of government - therefore there was no president of the United States under the Articles of Confederation.

George Washington is the first President of the United States.

John Hanson was ONE of the MANY presidents of congress under the Articles of Confederation, which are not the Constitution of the United States of America.

Hanson was the first person to be elected under the Articles of Confederation, but there was NO EXECUTIVE BRANCH of government - therefore there was no president of the United States under the Articles of Confederation.

:iagree: