Menu

Spellwell question

Alison in KY

I just received Spellwell because I wanted to take a closer look and see if it might help my horrible bless his heart 9 yr old with spelling. I bought the A and AA book and guide. I guess my biggest question, other than I would like to hear some comments, is how do you perform the pre-test if the page is folded over and you can't see the word list. That seemed so weird to me and I'm thinking there is something very simple I'm missing here. Thank you for any info.

Alison in KY

Hi Allison,

Great question!!!! I just pulled out my level D books to discover the same thing. I am thinking that since this is designed for the classroom, that a teacher either has the list in the answer keys (which I do not have) or would just photocopy the pages ahead of time to dictate the words.

I have used this program in the past and will be returning to it again in the fall. I think when I used it before, I chose to just have my son copy the words some of the time, and other times I wrote them down in a separate place. Sometimes, I think I just used a separate piece of paper.

Aside from this detail, this was one of his favorite spelling programs. When he saw that I was using it with my youngest, he picked up the books and seemed to be having fond memories and then told me how much dd would enjoy it!

Pam