Menu

Homeopathy question

I am like the PP, I use combos for several symptoms. Reason: there are different symptoms and by taking different combos to target those specific symptoms, you are helping your body fight it off.

For say, muscle pain, we just use something to target that one issue. For example: arnica- we use that for muscle pain or trauma.

Edited by flobee76

For colds I use a combo because a cold involves a combination of symptoms.

For something like muscle pain I use only one thing because it is a simple symptom.

so what is your combo for colds and where do you usually buy your remedies? Can you give me any other advice when it comes to homeopathy...I am new to the whole concept and have been trying to figure it out on my own for months...but I remain fairly confused.

thanks.

Kathy

I am going to ask you too...which ones for what, specifically...I am just trying to find a base line of stuff to begin with. thanks.

If you are just starting out, it would be good to check out a few books on homeopathy, OR, purchase some homeopathic meds from your healthfood store, or online (like Vitacost).

I really love Hyland's and Boiron. Those are the more popular brands out there, and I have seen them work wonderfully.

A really good website for resources and concoctions is http://www.bulkherbstore.com

That's where I go for pretty much everything. And Shoshanna (the girl who runs it) puts up a "recipe" for most of the concoctions, so you can make your own (which sometimes is cheaper, depending on the resources for herbs that you may have in town).

so what is your combo for colds and where do you usually buy your remedies? Can you give me any other advice when it comes to homeopathy...I am new to the whole concept and have been trying to figure it out on my own for months...but I remain fairly confused.

thanks.

Kathy

I like Boiron brand. I get it at a health/vitamin store.

A really good website for resources and concoctions is http://www.bulkherbstore.com

That's where I go for pretty much everything. And Shoshanna (the girl who runs it) puts up a "recipe" for most of the concoctions, so you can make your own (which sometimes is cheaper, depending on the resources for herbs that you may have in town).

cool...thanks so much...will have to check that out!

We like ColdCalm from Boiron for general/multi symptoms. For a cough, I love Nature's Way Umcka ColdCare Syrup (goofy name, but this is the best natural cough remedy I've found and they have a Cold/Flu chewable that is nice for younger ones.)

Zand Herbal Mist Throat Spray or some other echinacea goldenseal propolis throat spray for sore throats.

Boiron Oscillococcinum for flu symptoms. (I like their Arnicare gel for muscle pain, too--it's topical)

White willow bark for pain relief...Enzymatic Therapy makes something called End Pain ("Fatigued to Fantastic!" LOL) which has sweet cherry, white willow bark and something else I can't remember, but my older kids take it instead of going nuts on ibuprofen all the time or when they have aches from the flu.

Can you tell I just placed a BIG order from Vitacost?? LOL Stocked up for fall/winter!

Yes, you can find them all there! I ordered our vitamins/supplements, too. My favorite is Nature's Way Alive! Whole Food Energizer multivitamin. (I get the one with iron) It *does* help my energy level and I can tell when I haven't taken it for a while. My dds use Rainbow Light Women's Multi. We stocked up on our Vitamin D3 for the winter, too--just the NSI brand for adults/teens and the Rainbow Light Sunny lemon Gummies for the little ones. OK, I like them, too. LOL

Someone here recommended Country Life Omega-3 Mood and I ordered that for a few of us to try. It has a good ratio of EPA:DHA for mood and brain function. We'll see... lol !