Menu

Getting ready to make and oldie but (I hope) goodie from TWTK

I hate celery, so I'm substituting green onion. Have you ever made this, and was it any good?

Buffalo Chicken Dip ~ posted by Amy in MD

4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, boiled and shredded

12 oz. bottle Frank s red hot buffalo wing sauce

2 8oz. packages real cream cheese

1 16oz. bottle ranch dressing

½ cup chopped celery

8 oz. shredded cheese (combination Monterrey Jack and cheddar)

In a 13×9 pan, combine chicken and bottle of Frank s sauce. Spread to cover bottom of pan. In a saucepan, heat cream cheese and ranch dressing on medium heat unil smooth. Pour over chicken. Sprinke celery on top of sauce. Sprinkle cheese on top. Bake uncovered in 350 degree oven for 30 40 minutes. Watch top to make sure it doesn t burn. Let stand for 10 min. Serve hot or warm with a sturdy scoop-able chip Fritos scoops tasted GREAT! Second would be a tortilla scoop or celery sticks (if the chicken was thinly shredded.)

My dh loves wings and we always use Franks BUT this recipe is SO rich, if you can think of a way to lighten it up a little... that might be good. We used it once and it's good...but you can only eat a few bites and then it's too much. So, I guess it depends on how you're planning to use it.

I was already thinking that I'll only make half (9x13 pan is pretty big just for us!). Not sure how I could make it lighter, but I'm open to suggestions. Oh, and we're going to use it as a dip, and I'm making macaroni salad to go with it. We're watching some sporting event on tv tonight, and this looks like a fun dinner.

I was already thinking that I'll only make half (9x13 pan is pretty big just for us!). Not sure how I could make it lighter, but I'm open to suggestions. Oh, and we're going to use it as a dip, and I'm making macaroni salad to go with it. We're watching some sporting event on tv tonight, and this looks like a fun dinner.

I make it, but I use only 4 oz of cream cheese and 1/2 the bottle of ranch. We use it as a dip or wrap it in tortillas. It's yummy!