Menu

MUS to CLE

parias1126

We just completed our 4th day after giving up MUS and switching to CLE. My DD is actually doing some of her math independently. I must say I'm pleased with CLE so far and just after 4 lessons, I'm surprised at what my DD hadn't learned yet! In just 4 days, she is telling time so much better (which she could barely understand after finishing Beta), has learned fractions (caught on after just one lesson), and loves fact families!

Math does take longer, but I'm glad I switched. She had mastered subtracting multiple numbers and regrouping when we finished Beta and now remembers none of it! Hopefully, when we reach that point in CLE, it will all come back to her!

We made the same switch last year, and we have been happy thus far. It is more work for the dc, but it is necessary for my guys. We had retention issues as well with MUS.

(Disclaimer: I know MUS has worked and will work for many. I like it, but it wasn't a good fit for one ds in particular.) ;)