Menu

MFW 1st and CLE LA

kmom

I was just wondering if anyone had used these two together? My dd is doing MFW 1st which fits her perfectly for where we left off last year with her phonics. I am just thinking the phonics seems to move quickly in MFW. I have CLE's LA 100 and it seems like it would really fit nicely with MFW's phonics as practice/review and add in easy grammar practice. CLE's website showed the scope and sequence of their Learning to Read program and their LA program and where the LA program begins is exactly where she is at...she is reading cvc words with no problem and is moving forward easily. Just wondering others opinions...

Hi,

last year for 1st grade I used the CLE learn to read with LA combination. If you were to take a look at what the child will have covered by the end of LA 110 you might be surprised by how advanced it is!!!! IMO, it looked more like a beginning 3rd grade grammar level!!! We did not begin it until Jan., so when June came about we were in LTR 107 and LA 103. We did not pick up at this point bc I am doing MFW Adventures and it uses Primary Language Lessons. I would encourage you to look at the samples in the cle web site.

Your child may be up to the challenge. It is a very solid program.

BTW, my girl did a lot of reading over the summer and her reading level really took off. I would guess she is reading somewhere around 4th grade level at this point. So, I may come back and finish up the LA program later in the year and think of it as a 2nd grade LA program.

HTH

rmiz