Menu

So does anyone know which brands of olive oil are "untainted"?

:bigear:

I'd love to know, too. One of my friends was telling me about this...that she'd heard a news story about shady olive oil stuff happening in Italy. :glare: (She was particularly concerned because she'd heard that nut oils are sometimes used to dilute the oil...and she has a ds with nut allergies.) I haven't done any fact-checking on this, but if that is the case, I wonder if the companies affected even know whether their stuff is diluted or not. I guess it would depend on the whole manufacturing/shipping/bottling process, about which I know just about nothing. :tongue_smilie:

Ah! I see Sparkle posted the same time I did. :D Thanks so much for the link. I'm more than thrilled to see that the Kirkland brand passed the test...definitely will be buying olive oil next time I go to Costco, now. :) (I had been buying some pricier stuff from CA just to be on the safe side. Seems like that was a good idea, but perhaps not necessary. :001_smile:)