Menu

Ideas for 11 yr old boy?

snipsnsnailsx5

For his language arts curriculum I had decided to use Learning Language Arts Through Literature (Tan) along with Winston Grammar and All About Spelling.

Now that I'm looking at the Writing With Ease series for my 6 and 8 yr old...I'm really liking it for my 11 yr old too.

Those who have middle-school aged kids, what do you do for language arts?

Maybe I could substitute WWE 2 for the Winston Grammar? Would doing LLATL and WWE 2 be overkill?

Thanks!!

I think your original plan sounds really good. Hopefully someone will be able to answer your query about WWE 2.

If I were in your shoes, I would stick with the original plan for now and use the 6 and 8 yr olds as guinea

pigs. :D Find out how what you've got fits everyone; then maybe it will become clear how you could move things around to bring in WWE 2 for the 11 yo.

My ds is going to use R&S because we already have it, but for writing he's going to use Paragraph Town (is that right? MCT, and I think it goes Island, Town, Voyage in levels). My 12 yo is going to do Essay Voyage for writing.

However, ds hates English, so if all goes will with MCT and it suits him better for writing I may switch him to MCT for more next year. I am very impressed with MCT based on what I've seen in the books I've ordered.