Menu

Homeschool Tracker question

Trying to figure out this program - I spent hours putting in all of my daily lessons into Lesson Plans, but now I want to create an assignment sheet (hoping for a grid with Mon-Fri at the top and subjects along the left side of the paper). Can anyone tell me how to do this? I printed out the 297 page manual, but cannot figure it out. Thanks for any tips!

Trying to figure out this program - I spent hours putting in all of my daily lessons into Lesson Plans, but now I want to create an assignment sheet (hoping for a grid with Mon-Fri at the top and subjects along the left side of the paper). Can anyone tell me how to do this? I printed out the 297 page manual, but cannot figure it out. Thanks for any tips!

I am also learning how to use this program. There are detailed print screens & directions on page 119 of the manual.

HTH! :)

I hate this homeschool tracker program. I've wasted days on this and now cannot figure out how to make it print what I need. Watched the videos, but I guess I'm just not smart enough to figure it out. Kinda tired-had a hamster on the loose and we've caught him now, but I really need help on this program, or I'm gonna scrap it and start from scratch with my own grid format. We start school tomorrow and I want the kiddos to have a schedule for the week. Thanks for any assistance (BTW I did look at page 119 but this still doesn't help me).

pm me is this isn't clear.

Across the top, you should find a tab or dropdown menu called "Report". Go there. A number of report or assignment options are there. We use the one called "Assignment something or another" that's 2nd or 3rd from the top left.

Once you click that, you will get another little window that asks you to choose what student(s) and what part of the assignment to show. Set those the way you want.

Then, look for the date range. You may need to adjust the date range to get just next week to print out.

There will be a blue, underlined link that says something like "Click for....". Click that link. The report or assignment grid will be generated.

If you have adobe, you can just print the assignments that are generated. If you don't have adobe, you'll need to download a free little program to print pdf files.

I love HST but it does take a bit of time to get the hang of how to input lessons plans. HOWEVER, now that I'm repeating with the next kid and able to download lesson plans from others from the yahoo groups, I find it very useful. On a typical Sunday night, I can have school planned and printed out in under 10 minutes. Of course, I've spent hours during the summer, when time is more open, getting lesson plans recorded.

Stick with HST--It works nicely and the customer support is unbelievable!!

PM me tonight if you need more help!

My first question would be have you "Submitted" the lessons from the Lesson plan page to the assignment page?

That is what takes your basic lesson plans and copies them into each child's assignment grid.

If you've done this then the report you're looking for is the "Assignment Calendar", You may need to change the date range depending on what it's set for.

Don't give up though, HST can be tough at first but is truly worth it.

It is frustrating at first, especially when you know what you put in, you know what you want out but you can't get from here to there.

You have to schedule your lesson plans before you can print your schedule. I do this once a week or two weeks, but you can do it far ahead if you want to.

Go to your lesson plan, holding shift down and using your down arrow select the lessons to schedule for the week. Then right click which brings up a choice that includes "submit to assignment grid", from there choose the kids and days of week this assignment applies to. Once you do this for your subjects you can run the assignment calendar report for the week which sounds like the format you are looking for.

Hang in there, once you do it a couple of times it is pretty easy. It does have an annoying learning curve though. Post again if you need help.

:grouphug: and have a GREAT first day tomorrow!