Menu

Help starting with IEW

JennyL

Hello. My oldest son is going into 4th grade and he is a reluctant writer. We have done WWE level 2 and it has worked well, but it is missing something for us. I have heard a lot about IEW and was able to attend a seminar. I think it sounds great and would love to try it with my son, but I don't want to purchase the Structure and Style program with the dvds, which is what is recommended. My question is, can I purchase one of the themed writing programs and start with that, or am I going to be lost without the Structure and Style program? I think I can figure it out but you never know...;)

Thanks for your help.

If you attended the seminar you should be ok with a theme based lesson.

:iagree: You are familiar with IEW approach so it will be very helpful. I watched DVDs, but I think even without them anyone could do it.

I don't have experience but planning on doing Ancient History lessons along with MOH1 this year with my 8 years old. Which topic are you thinking about of doing?

Thank you, that is what I thought.

I think I am going to go with the, Explorers to the Gold Rush unit. We are studying the Westward Expansion and CA history this year. I think it should go along nicely.

I appreciate your help! :)