Menu

How do you split history odyssey?

~Amanda~

I tried a search, I promise I did, but I cannot really get the search function to work for me since I cant use the "" to help narrow it down.

Is there a schedule somewhere that shows how you would split HO (ancients, level 2) over a year/36 weeks? I am looking at it, trying to figure out how to make it work.... I'm thinking I want to expand a bit on it, so I'm thinking ....

and after I typed out what I was thinking I realized that wouldn't work. Duh!

Ok, maybe this will work...

approx 9 weeks each on egypt, greece, and rome, with the remaining 9 weeks interspaced between those including the other lessons? am I overthinking this? I feel like I've been chasing my tail for 2 months trying to get a schedule put together...

Here is how I broke it out

Part I (1 week), P2(2), P3(4), P4(1), P5(1), P6(1), P7(2), P8(2), P9(1), P10(1), P11(2), P12(1), P13(6), P14(1), P15(3), P16(1), P17(1), P18(1)

That falls at about 32 weeks, but that way we'll plenty of time for rabbit trails if we need it. I'm supplementing with the first half of Oak Meadow 6 and there are lots of wonderful project ideas in there to flesh things out a bit. I suspect that Egypt, China, Greece, and Rome will easily lend themselves to another week each.

Good luck!

Here is how I broke it out

Part I (1 week), P2(2), P3(4), P4(1), P5(1), P6(1), P7(2), P8(2), P9(1), P10(1), P11(2), P12(1), P13(6), P14(1), P15(3), P16(1), P17(1), P18(1)

That falls at about 32 weeks, but that way we'll plenty of time for rabbit trails if we need it. I'm supplementing with the first half of Oak Meadow 6 and there are lots of wonderful project ideas in there to flesh things out a bit. I suspect that Egypt, China, Greece, and Rome will easily lend themselves to another week each.

Good luck!

Thank you, this should help me get some sort of schedule down; this is my first year homeschooling, and I don't know how to look at something and guess how long it will take us to do ;)

I used HO last year and will use some of it for this year. Last year was my first time using it with DD10 (then). I had her do it a couple of weeks and then I was able to go back through and piece it into a more concrete time frame. My dd LOVED HO and worked slowly on alot of it b/c she loved the maps, etc and we did go down many rabbit trails. I always had her reading ahead so that we weren't waiting for her to start a lesson b/c she had not completed the novel yet.

HTH - btw, HO was one of the BEST parts of our homeschooling year (Middle Ages, Level Two)

I'm confused. Are you talking about History Odyssey from Pandia Press? If so, there should be a schedule towards the front of the IG that has it broken down into 36 weeks. You can see it here on the try before you buy. It's on page 11/12 of the preview. HTH!

Thanks; that's for level 1, and I need level 2, but maybe I'm just missing it. its totally possible with my only time being able to go through this stuff being about 2 a.m. lol

Thanks; that's for level 1, and I need level 2, but maybe I'm just missing it. its totally possible with my only time being able to go through this stuff being about 2 a.m. lol

Wow, I just went and looked and there is no weekly schedule for any of the level 2! How odd. I'm not liking that at all! That means when we get there I'm going to have to think! Drat. :D

I've never used a schedule with HO level 2. We simply plan on completing 2-3 lessons a week. Any long writing assignments get started at the appropriate time, but we spread the work over the next week or 2. One child sits down 2 or 3 times a week to complete a lesson. Another child sets the timer for 45 minutes everyday and sees how far he can get. :001_smile:

I've never used a schedule with HO level 2. We simply plan on completing 2-3 lessons a week. Any long writing assignments get started at the appropriate time, but we spread the work over the next week or 2. One child sits down 2 or 3 times a week to complete a lesson. Another child sets the timer for 45 minutes everyday and sees how far he can get. :001_smile:

I bolded what we did here and we loved it.:)