Menu

s/o how about your sils.....

I have 2 SIL's, both my husband's sisters. They are 10-12 years younger than we are. My MIL passes away shortly after we married, so his sisters were really young. We moved in with FIL and helped with the two teenagers for a year. It was awful. But that's another story!

SIL #1 got pregnant right after high school and got married. She had 4 kids by the time she was 25. My DH and I struggled with infertility, so although we're so much older, my oldest is only 2 1/2 years older than her oldest. You'd think that us having the only children would give us some kind of bond, but no. She lives 15 minutes away, and I only see them when I have to. She and her sister that is 18 months younger than her, make it a point to praise each other about how wonderful they are, go and do things together, and have never asked me to come. SIL #2 lives about 2 hours north of all of us. She's struggling with infertility as well. SIL#1 is one of those fake people that act all sweet but are really not. A lot of people fall for this act.

I've tried over the last several years to be nice, I invite them over, buy gifts, etc, but pretty much my DH and I are ignored. This month was the last straw for me though. My FIL and the two SIL's and families all went on a family camping trip. We were never invited. Nice, huh? I told DH I was done trying to play nice with his family. I refuse to host them for holidays and pretend to be friends anymore. They are so rude. DH of course can have as much contact with them as he wants, but he's not much impressed with their behavior either.

Sorry this is so long, it's a sore point with me. I just can't fathom treating family the way they've treated me all these years. We've done so much for them, and nothing is ever appreciated. Ugh!

my sil on my husband side are both only baby daughters and even both being in their late 30's are still mama/daddy girls. The both still live near their parents and just get on my nerves. They seriously have never learned to live without mom and dad doing stuff for them. I am to independent and had to mother my own younger siblings. SO no I have never been the spoiled baby:tongue_smilie: They still seem child like or I guess years younger than me when reality its only 3 years. They are good women but we just don't have anything in common. I have to help my parents. Their parents are still helping them.

My only sil on my side. She and I are both the oldest with younger sibling and pretty much are alike in personality. she and I both had to grow up early and be adults at young ages.

DH and his siblings do not have a good relationship. They criticize about everything we do, from being Christians to homeschooling......we are the weird people in the family.

His mother also fostered a fierce competitive spirit between all of them and when they all get together all they do is try to "one up" each other. We don't play that game and sit back and shake our heads. It is awful.

He only has one sister and she is very full of herself and will tell you several times in a 5 min. conversation how important she is.

We just nod and smile and don't comment.

NONE of them have ever asked us anything about us.....they don't even ask each other. They are all just so busy talking about themselves.

It is really awful. We only see them when there is a family event (like their many remarriages) that we need to go to.

Dawn

This is my husband's family, to a "T." Are we related?... :lol: