Menu

My pathetic attempt to be a cool mom

I'm a homebody and boring - sad but true and I accept how I am. Yet when friends posted about a swimming hole out in the forest I decided to forgo my to-do list this afternoon, pack up all the dc and surprise them, even show them that their mom could be cool! Big mistake...

I found the dirt road, I found the almost-hidden parking area, I made it down a steep hill with kids and infant in carseat, and I found the stream. What I did not find after hiking about .5 mile each way (no path, ladies!) was a swimming hole! We found shallow pools of water and lots and lots of bugs, though! I decided I'd had enough so back up the steep hill we went only it seemed a lot steeper going up than going down. I was in the lead with baby in carseat (who mercifully slept the entire time) followed by an older dc half-dragging a younger dc. At any moment I expected to turn and see one of my "littles" tumbling back down the hill. Somehow we made it to the top and set out for our van. The temperature felt about 120 but that was probably because my once-light carseat and newborn now weighed 120 pounds and the "littles" were all being given piggyback rides. We received some well deserved stares from people driving by, lol. Once back at the van we headed home to our own "swimming hole" in the backyard and I determined that being a homebody and boring is just fine; being "cool" and adventurous is overrated.

I don't care what anybody says about ya, you rock!

People think I'm a homebody too. I don't share about weird trips we take, such as finding the prehistoric but pretty much worthless fossils for one.

Sometimes it's hard taking that many kids out, I have seven also! Before you know it that little one will be running. My oldest is now 25, and the youngest is 9, so I don't go through all of that anymore....

Let us know if you ever find the location of that swimmin' hole!

wait a second, you have nine now! got me beat, I'm done!