Menu

Daily math drills on two different topics -- anyone tried this?

TrixieB

I just started using Calculadder with my dc. One of my dc is working on addition drills, but she also needs to work on multiplication. I thought about having her do an addition drill in the morning and a multiplication drill in the afternoon. Has anyone tried drilling two topics daily? How did this work for you?

My dd loved this! She does not like addition or subtraction, but actually really enjoys multiplication and division. So, I would have her do some addition/subtraction and then she would get to do the 'fun" math.;) We would also do other math topics as well, like measurements, weights, geometry, patterns, telling time...it all came after the addition/subtraction drills. We did them directly after, sort of like a reward. But, what works for one child might not work for another! Generally this child just loves math! Hey, give it a try, if your child likes it, great, if not..stop. good luck!